Friday, August 24, 2007

Gwen Stefani In Malaysia

Gwen Stefani was going to be in Malaysia, and the odds were against me. Everything was conspiring to make me miss it.

Conspiracy #1:
can you believe this?!
KUALA LUMPUR: Federal Territory PAS Youth Exco members have handed a memorandum to Kuala Lumpur Mayor Datuk Hakim Borhan calling for the cancellation of Gwen Stefani’s The Sweet Escape 2007 concert next Tuesday. “This concert does not bring any good to Malaysians except invite youngsters to enjoy themselves, mix around too freely, get drunk and commit sins,” he said. By LOH FOON FONG on 17/08/2007

Conspiracy #2:
It was sponsored by the hated hotlink. Even the ticket was designed to taunt me.
Conspiracy #3:
My body rebelled. I was feverish and sneezy and coughing. At 6pm, was still looking mournfully at my meds and thinking about whether or not I should just curl up at home.

Despite it all, and thanks to my excited sweethearts, I made it!

I "DiGi-fied" my presence by wearing a dash of yellow.


And it was worth every bit of the pain. From the get-go, Gwen was just AMAZING.


LOVE HER


WANNA LOOK LIKE HER

WANNA BE HER




Her performance was superb, she was friendly, she got the crowd going, her dancers were hot, she was hotter, her costumes were funky, she has a Malaysian step-mother-in -law, and my fever just went away. Just like that. All i needed was a dose of Gwen.


Gwen, if you ever need a maid or friend or slave, call me.

(The very cool pics here taken by Don. More pics and a video to be found on yvonne's (natalie) blog)

Love,
Heather

4 comments:

star said...

To Heather:
You guys so lucky ah, got to go Gwen concert...but guess wat, im gonna go to Justin Timberlake concert this Oct, hihi...but not for free though (sniff)

Hong Yi said...

haha i enjoyed reading this post!

the KL Mayor sounds so uptight. I wonder whether that's why Gwen did not look like she showed too much skin during the concert.

The Drool Team said...

hey star: I want to see JT too!!! my ultimate wish right now would be to look like gwen and marry JT.

yi! : the concert was really superb. gwen is such a star, and even with so much clothes on, she really rocked it. but seriously, the malaysian gov really need to readdress their issues. most of the kids (16 year olds) were wearing much less than gwen.

but back to more important things: i WILL have a body like gwen's by the end of 2007! :)
and the 2 of you shall be my witnesses. ;p

love,
Heather

Precious Pea said...

Check out UGWUG's post on the concert. She was seated at the front row and her pictures were amazing.

http://ugwug.blogspot.com/2007/08/
sweet-escape-with-gwen-stefani.html