Zesty Pork Tenderloin
300 g pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/2 cm thickness
2 - 3 dried chillies, washed and diced
1 inch ginger, sliced thinly
2 - 4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 chili, seeded and diced
1 carrot - optional, peeled, sliced thinly and parboiled
1 orange, zest and juiced
1 T black vinegar
1 T soy sauce
1 t sugar
1 t sesame oil
1 t cornstarch
1 egg white
salt and pepper
oil for deep frying
1. Marinate pork slices with salt, pepper, egg white and cornstarch. Add a tablespoon of water if the marinade is too thick. Leave for 10 - 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil in pan, deep fry the pork, drain and keep aside.
3. Leave 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil in the same pan, fry the dried chillies until fragrant, add the ginger and garlic, again, fry till fragrant.
4. Add the black vinegar and soy sauce, bring to boil.
5. Return meat to the pan, add the carrots (if using), some diced chili and the orange juice with zest. Cook until sauce thickens. Season with sugar and salt to taste.
6. Dish out, garnish with orange slices and chili. Serve with rice.