Saturday, August 1, 2009

Japan, Once Again

Hi and thanks to all who visit this blog. I am very sorry for missing in action for soo long again. I know I am way behind in my posting as I have yet to get to my trip to NYC, the big apple and Stockholm in late June after the trip to Auckland.
Got back two days ago from Tokyo and is still busy editing the 2000 plus pictures taken mostly in Hokkaido.
This Hokkaido trip was conceived last year after my 3 sisters came back from a trip to Takayama, Japan and caught the Japanese fever. They couldn't and wouldn't stop talking about Japan. So crazy and so determined to visit Japan again that two of them bought their return tickets to Tokyo last year during a Malaysia Airlines promotion for July this year!
I have been to Japan many times before but always with tour groups. So when asked to travel on our own across Japan, although very tempting and challenging, I was very apprehensive as none of us speak nor understand Japanese (not even minimal, except for thank you and excuse me). Anyway, thanks to the wonderful world of technology, especially the internet, we did our homework - a thorough study of the public transport system in Japan... but we still don't speak a word of Japanese...

Anyway, armed with this magic railway pass, maximal optimism and bare minimal baggage we set off from Kota Kinabalu direct to Tokyo. In the coming posts I will do my best to showcase all the highlights of our journey and I hope to be able to do justice to the amazing beauty of Hokkaido's summer. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Pang Mei said...

ah fung yi yi... pang mei here... can't wait to see all the photos cuz my mum's photo wasnt clear at all.. hahaha!! but she told me you guys had lotsa fun there eventhough can't speak n understand jap at all...

frank said...

hope ye all had a gr8 time! :-)

Unknown said...

I wished I was there............