Wednesday, January 16, 2008

H & H Kopitiam @ Jalan Damai

We have been coming to this 'yong tofu' joint for more than three months for our once a week sisterly get-together breakfast routine and it's only now I managed to take some pictures.
It serves very simple ordinary dishes but with the freshest produce.
The fish stuffings for all the tofu and vegetables are freshly made everyday and has a very springy bite without the rubbery bounciness of the commercial fishballs.
This is the closest to home-cooked you could get anywhere. The 'yong tofu' come in a very light fish stock.

My must-order every time i come here. I really don't mind having this everyday. The ever so fresh vegetables are cooked just right with a bit of crunch still and the soup, light yet flavourful.

The 'kon lou' noodles are also done very lightly without being too oily or salty.

This chinese-style chicken curry is what keeps me coming back for more. The gravy has just the right consistency laced with santan and spices. It is not overly spicy and goes so well with the yong tofu.

This kopitiam is located along Jalan Damai at the single row of shops between the Esso petrol kiosk and the SMC. If you are coming from the Damai area going towards Dah Yah Villa, the shops are on your right, right after the Esso station. The kopitiam is open for breakfast and lunch daily.

Jo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favourites are the bitter gourd, and the fried rolled foo chuk.

But I'd be happy with everything else also :)

I would wish it to be as fresh as the ones at the shop you visited, but I'll be happy with Yong Tofu in general. Almost anywhere, anytime :p

cheers//

a feast, everyday said...

I love them all too provided d stuffing is good n fresh.