Thursday, August 16, 2007

Fried fish

Another dish from my mum-in-law. Never clarified but this could be another Filipino dish, the marinade is similar to the adobo only minus the soy sauce. It is so simple yet so good.


Fried Fish

Marinate fish with 2 cloves of garlic (crushed) , 1 tablespoon vinegar, salt and freshly ground pepper.

Leave for 30 minutes or longer in the fridge. If you want a crispier result hang the fish to dry for about an hour (I didn't because I don't want to stand around swatting the flies that I know would swamp in if I were to hang it out).

Depending on the size of fish, use 3-5 tablespoon oil to shallow fry until crisp at the sides.

Delicious with any pickles or salad (especially bambangan) and rice.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, what fish is this? I am thinking that dory fillets might be quite good with your recipe but I'd prefer your opinion before proceeding.

Now I have to go convince 'low paw' to consider making, he he.

But it's more than likely, she'll ask me to do it, the pushover that I am, I will prolly end up doing it.

cheers//lcchan

a feast, everyday said...

So sorry, with d upheaval at home (stripping off a bathroom with a leaky tub) just didn't have time to check d blog.
D dory fillets might break up with the vinegar marinade. They are better fried coated as in fish n chips.
d fish i used was a local one called 'mong ng' (not monk fish though) with greyish scaleless skin n very fleshy, not too good for steaming cos of d firm flesh but great for frying. I also use whole kempong fish 4 this recipe and they are great too.