500g stewing lamb, trimmed and cubed
500g carrots, peeled and cut into big chunks - pumpkin can be used also
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon HP sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon tomato paste - optional (makes the stew look more colourful)
1 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste
1) Heat a deep pan and add oil. Brown the lamb in batches.
2) Mix all the sauces into the lamb, bring to boil and lower heat. Simmer for 30 minutes to an hour. Check and stir regularly, if too dry add some water.
3) Add carrots to the stew and cook until both the lamb and carrots are very soft but still hold their shapes (another 30-45 minutes). If pumpkin is use, add only when lamb is quite soft as pumpkin cooks quickly.
4) Season with sugar and salt to taste.
5) Serve with bread, pasta or rice. The stew taste even better the next day (if it can last that long!).